Did you know a man has the ability to cover you emotionally and spiritually? More so, are you aware that that’s HIS JOB?
Sis, can I drop some words into your spirit? We as women are powerful when we are on one accord and standing in God’s presence and His mission and call on our lives. That is when we are truly validated as the daughter He has called us to be…then and ONLY THEN are WE a true Queen.
Sis, let’s chat for a moment. I woke up this morning with YOU in my spirit and I want to talk to you today about ‘covering’. What comes to mind when you hear the word ‘covering’? I think of warmth and safety from the cold, an outer garment, an accessory against nature’s conditions.
You were taken from his side to be a part of him and no man who truly cares about himself destroys himself. I want to assist YOU in knowing if a man has the potential to cover YOU.
It’s interesting because many times the folk in the marriage become selfish because neither feels they are getting what they need from the other person; hence a spiritual shift begins to happen. If two people are to walk as one fulfilling destiny components that are required and needed for God’s kingdom; then it makes sense that there is another power at work beside the initial relationship between the husband and wife.
Sis, allowing a man to cover you is a choice which means YOU are not allowed to manipulate situations. We’ll talk about that at another time and once you decide to engage in communication with him at a deeper level, i.e. marriage the covering changes. Often I believe we don’t approach certain issues concerning relationships with ‘common sense’. For example, there appears to be a thought process among many that once they get married everything will fall into place. This concept is NOT true! Marriage and relationships take work and participation from the man and the woman and communication is necessary. Would you expect a child to know how to tie his/her shoes without being taught? The same principle applies in this case. Many of us do not know because we have not been taught.
I had two wonderful sets of examples in my grandparents, the Oliver’s and the Gooding’s, sadly they are no longer living but I am blessed to have known them and watch them in action. Knowledge is power and so I choose to share with you today to aid you in your endeavors of understanding. Here are some generic tips to get your mind frame established in the right direction.
- Does he have a vision for his life and more importantly how do YOU fit into his vision?
- Can he pray for you? Does he pray for you? Ask him immediately. If he isn’t praying ask him why not for most people have some type of faith.
- Is he faithful in stewardship? How does he spend his money and time? Is he a squander-er?
Does he see the two of you accomplishing things together? Hmm, watching/playing sports together is NOT included in this question, LOL.
- How does he treat the people around him? Is he respectful towards them, towards you?
- When he gets upset with you and or others does he cuss you out? Go into a temper tantrum? Is he filled with rage?
Is he patient? Is he kind? Are his actions loving towards you?
- When things don’t go his way what are his actions and or reactions? Are they appropriate and or justified?
- Can he teach you about yourself? Meaning can he bring clarity to a situation you are dealing with?
Love is a choice and we always have a choice to whom we decide allow entry into our lives. Choose wisely.
♥ Love changes everything.