Somehow the tides have changed; and this has a lot of us thinking this type of erratic behavior is OK and acceptable.
Many of us are walking around with DRAMA QUEEN tatted on our forehead and we DON’T EVEN KNOW IT! So where along the line OF LIFE did we seem to think that everyone else around us is causing the drama but us? Mind you DRAMA QUEENS are not only in our personal communities but it’s now plastered across movie and televisions screens.
We can also find this type of sis in movies and talk shows that not only promote “drama queens” but also make money, and pump up the concept that being a drama queen is OK; and not only that but it has become the NEW TREND…SMH.
Somehow the tides have changed; and this has a lot of us thinking this type of erratic behavior is OK and acceptable. I state erratic because a Drama Queen can be your friend one minute and the next y’all are on the “outs”.
Let’s be honest and transparent a moment with ourselves as we continue this thought process; that whatever we do in life affects and effects someone else in our circle of friends and community. No man/woman is an island to him/herself; what do we causes ripples in the natural as well as the spiritual environment around us.
- You are always right.
- The men in your life are typically afraid of you or choose to not communicate or run from you – mind you this does not negate them having sex with you. Ask yourself what time do you spend together OUTSIDE OF THE BEDROOM.
- Everyone in your circle thinks like you.
- You rather cuss a person out before having a meaningful conversation with them.
- You refuse to take ownership of your own behavior – i.e. it’s always someone’s fault – never yours.
- You want to control every situation around you – this includes people and their reactions and perceptions to you and the problem at hand.
- You are fearful – thus the need to control.
- You want things your way and will pitch a hissy fit when YOU feel it’s appropriate to ensure the change that you need to see. By the way have you ever noticed this rarely works?
- You are manipulative and have no problem using your feminine wiles whether it’s your kitty or tears to get your way.
- If someone points out your “drama tactics” you are apt to say, “I don’t act like that” or attribute it to your momma, Uncle Snookie, Aunt Jan or any other relative(s) that exhibited the same characteristics.
- Another quip is, “well you know more than me because our generation doesn’t know as much as this generation” or some other variation of explanation. This particular line typically comes from an older Drama Queen.
- Your inability to sustain healthy relationships and or friendships.
- You lack the drive to make true emotional connections – DRAMA is YOUR DRUG.
- You struggle to communicate and cussing and drama is truly your way to communicate – it’s easier for you.
- You are loud, boisterous and frequently draw attention to yourself whether it’s your behavior or your tone (voice).
- BTW YOU never think you are loud and are apt to say on any of the above notations – “that’s just me”, “that’s just the way I am” or any other comments to make others aware that you are happy being you and they are to accept it.
- You are known to state quite often “DEAL WITH IT” or some other expletive.
♥ Love changes everything.